CONDITIONS IMPOSED ON TICKETS
2017 CLIPSAL 500 ADELAIDE
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN MOTOR SPORT REGULATIONS 2014 (SA)
REGULATION 11—PERMITS ETC. MAY BE SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS
NOTICE BY THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN TOURISM COMMISSION
PURSUANT to regulation 11 of the South Australian Motor Sport Regulations 2014 (SA), the Minister, to whom the administration of the South Australian Motor Sport Act 1984 (SA) has been committed hereby imposes the following conditions in respect of each of the permits, authorisations and tickets to the event known as the Clipsal 500 Adelaide (“Event”), in addition to the terms set forth on that permit, authorisation or ticket (“Conditions”):
- Tickets remain the property of the South Australian Tourism Commission (“Commission”). Except to the extent permitted by the, Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) ("CCA"), including under the Australian Consumer Law as set out in Schedule 2 to the CCA and given effect under Part XI of the CCA, and under the same or similar provisions of the Fair Trading Act 1987 (SA), as amended from time to time, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. The Commission reserves the right to confiscate and or return tickets to the purchaser during the Event. Tickets are non-transferable on the day or during the day of the Event and must be retained at all times and produced if requested. Patrons requesting a pass out must subject themselves to an indelible ink-stamp on their hand (or such other method at exit as the Commission directs), which together with a valid ticket validated for that day must be presented to regain entry.
- The Commission reserves the right to prohibit entry or evict persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in offensive or other inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade legal admission. The Commission has the right to refuse entry to patrons carrying prohibited items or confiscate those items. The Commission reserves the right to refuse admittance to or evict from the Event any person (in its absolute discretion).
- The Commission reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute any drivers, performers, concert artists, acts and bands or activities associated with the Event, vary programs, seating arrangements, audience capacity, gate opening and closing times and determine and publish additional conditions from time to time.
- Patrons may not make, reproduce or use any form of still or moving picture or any sound recording (“footage”) of the Event as defined in the South Australian Motor Sport Act 1984 (SA) or any part of it for profit, gain, public advertisement, display or for any other purpose except for the private enjoyment of the person making the footage, without the consent of the Commission, and will on demand assign all rights thereto to the Commission or its nominees.
- Patrons may not, without prior written consent of the Commission bring any of the following items into the Event: (a) any alcoholic beverages; (b) any glass bottles (excluding medical requirements) or containers or glass objects (excluding sunglasses, binoculars and prescription glasses); (c) any beverage container with the manufacturer's seal broken; (d) any drinks coolers or ice boxes (other than a soft walled style cooler bag); (e) any structure or item that may be used to erect a structure, or which is capable of supporting the weight of a person including, without limitation, any chairs, lounges, benches or stools (other than a folding chair or stool); (f) no animals or birds; (g) no weapons of any kind; (h) no fireworks, flares or explosives; (i) signs/banners/clothing or any other items displaying commercial, political, religious or offensive messages or logos; (j) any items which could reasonably be deemed to cause public nuisance or offence to any Event patron.
- The Commission reserves the right to conduct bag searches and will request that all patrons carrying bags into the Event open them for inspection. Patrons refusing to consent to a bag search may be refused entry to the Event.
- The Commission may refuse entry, or remove a patron from the Event if in the Commission’s opinion that person breaches these Conditions, interferes with the enjoyment or safety of other persons, or presents a lost, stolen, counterfeit, damaged or unreadable ticket.
- Patrons agree to release the Commission, Confederation of Australian Motorsport Ltd ("CAMS") and Australian Motorsport Commission Ltd, promoters, sponsor organisations, land owners and lessees, organisers of the Event, their respective servants, officials, representatives and agents (collectively, the
- "Associated Entities") from all liability for death, personal injury (including burns), psychological trauma, loss or damage (including property damage) ("harm") howsoever arising from their participation in or attendance at the Event, except to the extent prohibited by law.
- Patrons agree that the Commission, CAMS and the Associated Entities do not make any warranty, implied or express, that the Event services will be provided with due care and skill or that any materials provided in connection with the services will be fit for the purpose for which they are supplied, and patrons agree to attend or participate in the Event at their own risk.
- Patrons acknowledge that the risks associated with attending or participating in the Event include the risk that they may suffer harm as a result of: (a) motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles, persons or property; (b) acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the Event; and (c) the failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grand-stands, fences and guard rails) to ensure the safety of persons or property at the Event.
- Patrons acknowledge that motorsport is dangerous and that accidents causing harm can and do happen and may happen to them. Patrons accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the Event and being provided with the Event services by the Commission, CAMS and the Associated Entities.
- Patrons expressly consent to the recording and use of their image and/or voice (together “Likeness”) for the purposes of worldwide commercial exploitation of their Likeness by the Commission or any entity or person authorized by the Commission, in any form the Commission may decide or approve, and without any payment or compensation to the Ticketholder. The recording of the ticketholder’s Likeness may be undertaken using a variety of methods, including by television cameras and photography.
- Where ticket concessions or companion cards apply, suitable and valid identification must be provided at the point of ticket collection and entry to the Event.
- A Student Discount applies to Trackside (General Admission), Pit Entry and Turn 8 Grandstand tickets and is available to full time students only.
- A Family Grandstand ticket includes four (4) four-day reserved Grandstand seats for the price of three (3) seats (either two (2) adults and two (2) children (aged 17 years or less), or one (1) adult and three (3) children (aged 17 years or less)). Family Grandstand Passes apply to Brabham Straight, Pit Entry, Turn 8 Grandstand and Barry Sheene Pit Straight (Sections I-J) only.
- A Trackside (General Admission) ticket does not permit access to any Event grandstand or Gold Zone.
- An Oasis ticket permits access to a restricted Event area only. The Oasis is located in Rymill Park/ Murlawirrapurka (Park 14), north of Bartels Road, and is accessible via Gate 6 on East Terrace, and Gate 7 on Dequetteville Terrace. An Oasis ticket does not permit access to any other Event area, or admission south of Bartels Road. Oasis ticketholders must purchase an upgrade ticket at additional cost to access other Event areas, including the TrAction Zone and Event concerts. Following the Event motor racing programme, Oasis tickets may not be used for Event admission via Gate 6, Gate 7, or to access other Event areas.
- A Family Trackside (General Admission) ticket permits two (2) adults and two (2) children (aged 17 years or less), or one (1) adult and three (3) children (aged 17 years or less), to access the Event daily.
- A Platform ticket does not permit access to any Event grandstand.
- An appropriate ticket is required to access Event grandstands and other facilities. A single day Event grandstand ticket permits access to selected grandstand seating and Gold Zones on a particular Event day.
- When accompanied by an adult purchasing a full price ticket, a Junior Grandstand ticket permits a child aged 15 or less access to Pit Entry, Turn 8 and Pirie Street Grandstands. An adult purchasing a full price ticket may purchase no more than four (4) Junior Grandstand tickets.
- A 10% discount applies to Group Bookings of ten (10) or more full price tickets of the same type (excluding Family Grandstand, Family Trackside (General Admission), Student Discount, special seating, Companion Card, and pre-release tickets).
- School Group Bookings may be made to attend the Event on Thursday 2nd March 2017 only. Each student aged 13 years or more, teacher, parent and guardian in the School Group may purchase a Trackside (General Admission) ticket for $10 (including GST). When accompanied by an adult purchasing a full price ticket, Event admission for School Group Booking students aged 12 years or less will be complementary.
- Special seating for persons with a permanent disability and their carer holding a Companion Card is available at the Trackside (General Admission) area (including Multi-Day Super Pass), and Pit Entry and Pirie Street Grandstands.
- Viewing areas for wheelchair-bound persons are available at the Trackside (General Admission), and Chicane and Hairpin Grandstands. A ticket for wheelchair-bound persons includes complementary entry for one (1) carer.
- Advertised ticket prices are valid until Tuesday 31 January 2017 only. Ticket prices may increase from Wednesday 1 February 2017 onwards.
- When accompanied and supervised by an adult purchasing a full price Trackside (General Admission) ticket, Event admission for children aged 12 years or less will be complementary. Complementary admission for children aged 12 years or less does not apply to exclusive and shared Event hospitality patrons.
- Children aged 3 years or less accompanied by an adult purchasing a full price ticket at an Event grandstand or Gold Zone must, at all times, sit on the lap of the accompanying adult guardian and not occupy a seat. Strollers, prams and capsules are not permitted at Event grandstands or Gold Zones. The Commission reserves the right to remove adult guardians and accompanied children who cause disruption to other patrons.
- The Event Fair Go Policy provides complementary admission for children aged 12 years or less to ensure all patrons can enjoy equal and safe access to the Event. When the number of children aged 12 years or less accompanying an adult is deemed by the Commission (in its absolute discretion) to be undue, the Commission reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event. Typically, the Commission considers no more than three (3) children aged 12 years or less accompanied by an adult purchasing a full price ticket to be reasonable.
- The Event is smoke-free in and at all indoor and outdoor dining areas, including all food courts and where food is served and consumed. For more information, visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/smokefree.
- Any Condition or part of a Condition that is illegal or unenforceable may be severed and the remaining Condition or part of the Condition continues in force.